Feeling a bit down? Grab some popcorn, your duvet, a cosy pair of pj’s and few girl friends (or just yourself) and indulge in some of these nostalgic feel good chick flicks. The perfect cheer up remedy. Here are my top 20 picks.
1. Mean girls- Because what girl from our generation doesn’t know all of the quotes from this film? And let’s be honest, we’ve all watched it at least 20 times. So fetch.
2. John Tucker Must Die– Because girl power and friendship matters. Men need to be shown who’s boss. And because “don’t get mad, get even.”
3. A Cinderella Story- Because Hillary Duff and Chad Michael Murray are in it. If you know, you know. LITERALLY GOALS. Hillary Duff was life. I still don’t get how Austin Ames didn’t figure out it was her under that mask though..
4. Matilda- It’s just one of them films that never gets old. Is it weird that Miss Trunchball still scares me now when I watch it? And I kind of look like her when i’ve been sweating out at the gym…
5. The Notebook- My heart literally hurts every time I watch it. In a good way though. It’s so romantic and we all want that type of relationship don’t we girls? Ryan Gosling, please marry me.
6. Bring it On (all or nothing)- The cheer songs are still sassy AF and make you wanna have a dance off. Plus, the story of true friendship is heartwarming. I do still wish I looked like Hayden Panettiere in the cheerleaders outfit though. Boo hoo.
7. Dream girls- Ultimate sing along. Who hasn’t belted out the ballads from this film at least once?! Plus Beyoncé and Jenifer Hudson are literally diva goals. **AND I AM TELLING YOUUU, I’M NOT GOIIINGGG**
8. She’s the Man- I was introduced to this film at university and I’ve never looked back. Heart warming and funny. Amanda Seyfried is the one!
9. Legally Blonde- We all routed for Elle woods. You go girl. This gave all of us hope to chase our dreams.
10. The Princess Diaries- Another feel good classic. Because princesses can just be normal girls.
11. High School Musical- Troy Bolton was every young girls fantasy. Sharpay was a bitch but we still loved her by the end of every film. Chad’s hair was unreal. Gabriella was goals. I don’t know about you, but I think I used to make my mum’s ears burn with how many times I replayed the songs. This film is bound to cheer you up. It doesn’t matter what your age is. Once a wildcat, always a wildcat.
12. Grease- Because we all need a bit of that sassy Sandy at the end of the movie to motivate us now and again. But on a serious note, I don’t think I could pull off her hair like she did if I’m honest.
13. Cheaper By The Dozen- Literally family goals back in the day. I always used to say how I wanted to have 12 kids. Thinking about it now, imagine the food shopping bill each week. Not to mention the pain of it. Like, literal downstairs pain.
14. Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging- We could all relate to Georgia’s life. Awkward and embarrassingly funny. Also, I have to say that the soundtrack for this film is powerful! So good.
15. Wild Child- The quotes in this film are probably up there with Mean Girls. Another film that you can watch a million times and not get bored of. Welcome to Malibu Biatch.
16. Crossroads- Young Britney was everything. I used to watch this when I was about 12, crying to her singing “I’m not a girl, not yet a woman.” Bless.
17. Hairspray- Because Zac Efron, big hair and lots of songs. Do I need to say anything else?
18. Freaky Friday- Another film that never gets old. Reminds me of when Lindsay Lohan was in like, every teen film ever.
19. The Last Song- COUPLE GOALS. It’s nice to go back to the Hannah Montana/Miley stage where she falls in love and everything’s cute. I want that Miley back. Booooo.
20. Harry Potter- Okay, so it might not the girliest of films but how can you not like a binge watch of Harry Potter?! Brings Christmas vibes.