After some self-reflection and giving myself a moment to just be still, I’ve discovered a few things about the journey of moving on and being single. Hope you take something from this too.
MOVING ON DOESN’T HAVE TO MEAN MEETING SOMEBODY NEW
I was under the impression that to move on properly from my ex, I needed to go and jump into another relationship as quickly as possible. So, for around 6 months, I was literally obsessed with talking to as many different men and practically assessing if somebody was relationship material from the moment that I met them. As you can imagine, this definitely didn’t work. I was becoming so emotional and couldn’t work out what was wrong with me. I kept telling myself ‘I just want a boyfriend’.. And although this might seem like common sense that this isn’t healthy, I genuinely did think like this for a long time. And in my head, it seemed logical.
But then I had to meet up with my ex to get the rest of my belongings from the flat that we lived in together. I didn’t know what to expect when I saw him but I surprisingly dealt with it well. It was weird because it was the final thing that was holding us together and I knew that I couldn’t cling onto it anymore. It took me over 8 months to collect them. But as I drove away from him, it was like something clicked. For the first time, it was like I understood that
YOU HAVE TO HEAL
You have to give yourself time to heal and go through the stages of that. And here’s the thing. You can be over somebody and not think about them at all, but it doesn’t mean that you’re fully healed from that situation. Spiritually, your soul needs to decide when it’s the right time for you to meet somebody else. And you will know when it’s right because you won’t feel desperation or making the decision out of loneliness. You will be deciding that because somebody has come into your life that benefits you and you weren’t even looking for them. But In the mean time you have to
DISCOVER YOURSELF AND DO YOUR OWN THING
I know this sounds so cliché but self-growth and progression is the key. A few amazing examples on how to do this:
- GET TO KNOW YOUR BODY- Your body is your home and you should cherish it. Exercise, treat it well, understand its needs and work with it to make you feel confident, awake and rejuvenated.
- GET A HOBBY- This doesn’t mean going out and getting drunk. This means doing something that actually benefits your soul and your inner being. Things like sports, art, music, cooking, designing, reading, films, creating etc. For me, writing saved me. I’m using it to constantly discover more about myself. What is your thing? Keep searching and experimenting until you find that spark.
- VOLUNTEER/GIVE BACK- It makes you feel good and allows you to focus on purity rather than the ego. Another great way to keep your mind active and share beautiful light and intention with the universe.
- HAVE BLOODY FUN- Being single is all about having fun and creating friendships that last forever. Make the most of it and be happy with that. You will discover more about yourself when you’re smiling.
- MAKE YOUR OWN CHOICES- Enjoy the decisions that you make and own them. Don’t allow anyone to judge you for the things that you want to do. As long as you aren’t hurting yourself or anybody in the process, do whatever the fuck you like!
- DON’T SETTLE FOR SECOND BEST
- DO BE FUSSY AND BE PICKY
- DON’T BE WALKED ALL OVER
- DO GAIN KNOWLEDGE WHILST ALONE
- DO LOVE YOURSELF
You are exactly where you are meant to be right now.
Love this beautiful process and journey.