Being in your twenties can feel like you should have your whole life in order and know exactly what you’re doing and where you’re going. The truth is, it’s not about that at all. It’s about learning, growing, developing life experiences and just being in the moment. This doesn’t mean that because you’re twenty something you have to go and travel the world soul searching by the way. Don’t get me wrong, do it if you can and you want to! But I think that sometimes there can be pressure to do things like this when everybody says ‘ do it whilst you’re still young enough’. I didn’t realise that once you reach a certain age you have to stop living and never leave your front door! There’s no pressure or rush to cram everything in. You don’t stop living once you reach 30.
- It’s so easy to get consumed in acting a certain way because thats what you feel like you are ‘supposed’ to be doing at your age. I’m here to tell you, that you shouldn’t be doing anything. If you’re in your late twenties and you still live with your parents and work in a shop- That’s fine! If you’ve just turned twenty and you have a family, career and a house- That’s also fine! Don’t compare yourself to other people because that’s their journey, not yours. Everybody’s journey is different.
- Strive for your dreams and keep searching until you find something that you enjoy doing. Don’t allow people to patronise you because of your age and ensure that you stand with confidence and pride. Just because you’re still young, it doesn’t mean that you can’t be powerful.
- Don’t be afraid to make mistakes. Make loads of them!
- Appreciate what life has to offer more. I think that because we’re young, we feel like we have all of the time in the world. And yes, that’s a good attitude to have. But it’s also important to remember that life can be unexpected, so we should wake up every morning loving the life we live. Be positive, spread more compliments and don’t worry about others opinions so much.
- Appreciate your body and what it provides for you. I don’t know about you, but I take my body for granted. That doesn’t mean live a boring life and never drink alcohol or eat good food. It just means that we only get one body and we should look after it more. There’s nothing wrong with taking pride in that. Start as you mean to go on!
- Don’t be afraid to try new things. Don’t let fear consume you.
- Don’t allow the culture of society to brainwash you. Make decisions with a pure and genuine heart and don’t obsess so much over people and things that don’t matter.
Do what you want to do, when you want to do it. There is no rush. You are doing just fine.