After writing my ‘living with depression’ post and receiving so many lovely messages from people who related to what I was saying, I decided to share a challenge that I gave myself a while ago when I was feeling extremely low. “Write down one thing that makes you smile every day for a month.” It felt good to realise that there is always positivity in each day, even if it’s just something small. If you suffer with staying upbeat sometimes, give it a go too. I would love to add your challenge on this post for other people to read and enjoy! Here’s mine:
1. Someone held the door open for me.
2. I drove past an elderly lady who was walking her dog in the sunshine and she looked content.
3. I got into fresh crisp clean bed sheets and it felt unreal.
4. The sun shining through the trees looked beautiful.
5. My favourite film was on TV.
6. My boyfriend made me a cup of coffee.
7. My dog played with another dog at the park and he loved it.
8. My boyfriend made me laugh.
9. A text from a friend.
10. I had a dominos pizza.
11. A stranger smiled at me.
12. I slept well.
13. I watched a funny video.
14. I remembered a good memory.
15. I got myself out of bed.
16. The man in the shop asked me how I was.
17. I made a decision.
18. My dog was sticking his face out of the passenger window as I was driving along.
19. My boyfriend told me that he loved me. (which he does every day. It was extra special to me today though)
20. Fresh air.
21. I didn’t look in the mirror and dislike what I saw today.
22. I had a lovely chat with my mum.
23. My nieces photographs of her first day at school.
24. The sun was out.
25. A good song came on the radio.
26. Grass between my toes.
27. The smell of bbq’s outside.
28. An ice old drink in the heat.
“There is always something good in every day. No matter how big or small, you just have to find it.”